We have provided technical assistance through JICA’s projects as bellow.
The List of Assistant Projects
- The Project for Strengthening Post-graduate Training for Health Professionals in Primary and Secondary Level Health Facilities
- Data Collection Survey in Health Sector
1.The Project for Strengthening Post-graduate Training for Health Professionals in Primary and Secondary Level Health Facilities
(1) Outline of the project
Mongolia has experienced rapid economic growth and thus fundamental health indices has improved. However, as large regional disparities in the country still remain, improving health care services in remote area became a priority for the health sector.
In order to address the problem, the Government of Mongolia started to give temporary permit to new medical school graduates and to require working in primary level health facilities in rural areas such as Family Health Center (FHC) or Sum Health Center (SHC) for two years. However, the low level of medical skills due to a lack of practical clinical training has become a problem because newly licensed physicians are posted without any practical clinical training to the outlying medical facilities where the number of physicians is insufficient. Therefore the numbers of patients, without being diagnosed appropriately, taken to the tertiary health facilities in Ulaanbaatar increased.
- To strengthen capacity on management of post-graduate training at Ministry of Health and Sports and Center for Health Development
- To improve quality of post-graduate training program for health professionals with focusing on primary and secondary levels.
iii. Schedule: May 2015 to May 2020
(2) Our Activities
i. 29 Nov. to 8 Dec. 2017 – Dr. Hirotaka Onishi, Assistant Professor, provided technical assistance in Medical Education as a short-term experts of JICA’s Monitoring team.
ii. 29 Jan. to 1st Feb. 2018 – Dr. Hirotaka Onishi, Assistant Professor gave lectures in the “Seminar on Development of Training Curriculum” in Ulanbaatar.
iii. 15 Jun to 1st August 2018 – Dr. Hirotaka Onishi, Assistant Professor provided following technical assistance.
- To verify the progress of making the ‘evaluation method of Post-graduate’ and the ‘training curriculum of general practitioner’
- To analyse training curriculum and evaluation method of general practitioner in Japan
- To advice the working group in Mongolia how to establish evaluation tool of Post-graduate
- To give guidance to the clinical instructors on evaluation tool
- To collect information and to support preparing an evaluation tool of Post-graduate and a Training curriculum evaluation manual
- To support finalizing an evaluation tool and manual
2.Data Collection Survey in Health Sector
1) Objective of survey was to collect information and data in health sector and to verify health care system and government’s health care policy in Mongolia as well as other donors’ assistance.
2) Site survey: Dr. Hirotaka Onishi, Assistant Professor, conducted site surveys as follows.
- 19 Mar. to 11 April 2012 (24 days)
- 2 to 12 May 2012 (11 days)
- 18 to 27 Jun 2012 (10 days)